Friday, October 31, 2014

The Vocal Rest Diaries: Day Seven

Grade: A+
Reasons: I did a pretty good job today.
Goals: Keep up the good work!
Days left: 8
Reflections: *Sing to the tune of This is the Moment from Jekyll & Hyde (The part where it gets all dramatic and belty)*
This is the struggle!
I can not sing!
No more of Sondheim!
Hedwig or Lola, I want to be
Belting to the rafters!
Like Patti Lupone! (But with better diction)
There is 9 more days!
Than I can reach my dream!
I can belt to the heavens
And put on my Kinky Boots
For all these weeks,
I've faced the world a mute,
And the time is almost here
To reach a fortissimo
Without a microphone!
This is the struggle!
A really hard test!
I need some Sondheim!
Porter or Larson
I want the best!
I won't go flat!
I will not be sharp!
This is the struggle!
The hardest struggle of them all!
This is the struggle!
I want to sing a fucking song!
If I can't belt
Some Ethel Merman
I'll drown myself!
When I look back,
I will always recall,
struggle for struggle,
This was a struggle,
The greatest struggle
Of them all!
*Uproar of applause*
Thank you so much! My album will be coming out shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment