Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Oak, Mandy and the Media Storm of 2017

Ok so I don't need to explain this whole drama about Okieriete "Oak" Onaodowan and Mandy Patinkin. Overall what happened was a very shitty thing to happen to any actor or actress. What I hate though is the fact that people are making this about race. It's about the money people! Mandy would bring in bigger bucks then Oak ever could. Do you realize the amount that elderly gay men would pay to see Mandy back on Broadway? They would sell their kidney's to see him! Also the fact that some of them would buy multiple tickets on the chance of meeting or sitting next to Patti LuPone one night. It sucks massive crap about what happened to Oak, but I highly doubt this is because Mandy is white and Oak is black. People are simply latching on to the race thing because it's a more dramatic story. Now I'm all for supporting diversity so don't try and accuse me of having "White Privilege" or being "racist". Okay that's all I'm going to say on this subject before this turns into a political rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment