Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Something's Coming: Angels in America

Synopsis: Set in 1985, the film revolves around six New Yorkers whose lives intersect. At its core, it is the fantastical story of Prior Walter (Andrew Garfield), a gay man living with AIDS who is visited by an angel (Amanda Lawrence*).

Why I'm Excited: My college did Part 1 earlier this year and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm really excited for this production because it's directed by one of my favorite directors, Marianne Elliott, whose directed War Horse and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, and she is absolutely the bee's knees. Also, Nathan Lane is an amazing actor and he definitely is in the running for the Tony.

*With Beth Malone playing the role at certain performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment