Thursday, January 1, 2015

I Dreamed a Dream: [Title of Show] Live!

We all know that The Sound of Music Live was a hot mess and Peter Pan Live while it was better than The Sound of Music it still had some major issues, mostly there leads (But we'll talk about that later) NBC is also having another live musical telecasts in 2015. There are some reports saying it will be The Music Man starring Seth MacFarlane (He can sing and act, so I'm all for it.) However, I do have some of options as well (One's with great star power, who actually know what they're doing)

The Phantom of the Opera
Phantom: Hugh Jackman (We all know that he is an amazing singer and he won a Tony for The Boy From Oz. He was actually asked to be a part of the 2004 Movie Adaption but couldn't because of scheduling conflicts. I think he would do a great job with his role and he has millions of fans because of A) His body B) His Body C) Wolverine D) http://muslimsocialservicesagency.org/wp-content/themes/wolverine-hugh-jackman-body-2012-i19.jpg I think Hugh Jackman would bring the viewers while also bringing the talent.)

Christine Daaé: Anne Hathaway (She's perfect and once again her role as Fantine in Les Miserables was AMAZING!!!! Just like Hugh Jackman she was also asked to be in the 2004 movie adaption but couldn't because of scheduling conflicts. After her well deserved Oscar win she has gained a huge fan base)

Raoul, Vicomte de Chagny: I CAN'T THINK OF SOMEONE!

Carlotta Giudicelli: Audra McDonald (I'm not a huge Audra McDonald fan, but I think she would be hilarious in this! She definitely has the crazy ass vibrato for this role and she can definitely be a diva [She's kidding around when she's a diva] I can just see Audra rocking this role.)

Madame Giry: Meryl Streep (I can't get enough of her. We all know that she can play the strict dictator and I think Meryl would make the most of this role. I think it would be actually kind of creepy to see how she acts when Giry talks about the Phantom.)

Meg Giry: Michelle Williams (This is another actress that would make the most of a smaller role. It would also be interesting to see how she portrays her relationship of wanting to know the Phantom.)

Monsieur Richard Firmin: Christian Borle (I think it would be hilarious to see Borle play one of the managers he would make it funny, but not be over the top.)

Monsieur Gilles André: Nathan Lane (I think it would be awesome to see him and Borle do these roles)

Ubaldo Piangi: Norm Lewis (Him and Audra were perfect together in Porgy and Bess, they played a very dramatic show in this it's a little intense, but they are actually perfect and hilarious together. It would be hilarious to see them playing this comedic couple also Lewis is currently starring in Phantom right now.)

South Pacific
Nellie Forbush: Michelle Williams (There are rumors of her starring in a new movie adaption of this show and I really hope these rumors become true, she would such an amazing job in this role. As soon I as I saw this I saw her in the role and I saw her being amazing in this role! If she can portray Marilyn Monroe perfectly she can definitely do this role.)

Emile de Becque: Paulo Szot (He portrayed Emile in the 2008 Tony winning Broadway Revival* and he won a Tony for his portrayal and instead of finding someone new to place this role, why not pick someone who already has done it and done it perfectly?

Lt. Joseph Cable: Zac Efron (Come on we all know he would be semi-perfect in this role. He has the singing voice for it and he can definitely be "You damn sexy, lootenant" Most people think he's a bad actor, and while I don't think he's the greatest he is pretty good and can be good in this role and he would pretty much bring in every single 14-140 year old who likes him)

Seabee Luther Billis: Christian Borle (-____- Do I even need to say it he's amazing!)

*Fun Fact: The 2008 Broadway revival holds the record for most Tony's won by a revival with 7. (Originally held by the 1997 revival of Chicago with 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment