Monday, July 11, 2016

Best Musical/Play VS Best Revival

While I was in Europe I had "I'm Here" from The Color Purple stuck in my head. I just kept thinking about how the revival of The Color Purple won Best Revival, but the original production did not win Best Musical. I figured why don't we take a look at every time this has happened.

CHICAGO
Lost to A Chorus Line
Won in 1997

THE COLOR PURPLE
Lost to Jersey Boys
Won in 2016

A DAY IN THE DEATH OF JOE EGG
Lost to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Won in 1985

A DELICATE BALANCE
Lost to The Homecoming
Won in 1996

GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS
Lost to The Real Thing
Won in 2005

GYPSY
Lost to The Sound of Music and Firello
Won in 1990

HAIR
Lost to 1776
Won in 2009

THE HEIRESS
Lost to Mister Roberts
Won in 1995

INTO THE WOODS
Lost to The Phantom of the Opera
Won in 2002

AN INSPECTOR CALLS
Lost to Mister Roberts
Won in 1994

PIPPIN
Lost to A Little Night Music
Won in 2013

A RAISIN IN THE SUN
Lost to The Miracle Worker
Won in 2014

SKYLIGHT
Lost to The Last Night of Ballyhoo
Won in 2015

SWEET CHARITY
Lost to Man of La Mancha
Won in 1986

No comments:

Post a Comment