Friday, November 7, 2014

The Vocal Rest Diaries: Day Fourteen

Grade: A-
Reasons: I sang the usual SSB, JTTW, TSOM and did some vocal warm-ups the usual.
Days Left: 1
Reflections: *Sing to the tune of "One Day More" from Les Miserables*
One day more!
Another day of being silenty
This never-ending road to Calvary;
Vocal rest is such a crime my crime
And nobody got that time.
One day more!
I did not belt at all today.
How did I live without belting?
One day more.
Tomorrow I will belt away
And yet with silence something has started.
One more day without a voice
Will I ever belt again?
One more day of vocal caring.
I was born to belt a show tune.
What's a good song I should know?
And I swear I will be in tune
But I must take care of my voice.
One more day till I sing a song!
Should I sing from Little Shop?
At the barricades of vocal freedom.
Shall I sing some Sondheim?
When my vocal chords are strong
Do I belt now, do I dare?
I will sing and belt with glee.
The time is now, the day is here!

*Skip to the end*

One more dawn
One more day
One day more!

No comments:

Post a Comment