Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Watch What Happens

Audra McDonald as Billie Holiday in Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill
I'm not a big Audra McDonald fan. Frankly her vibrato drives me insane (Sorry. Ryan) But when I saw a video clip of her, I was left speechless. I just kept thinking "No! That's no Audra! Where the hell is her vibrato? Her big 'I'm trained in super-high soprano opera vocals, suck it' voice.?" It still amazes me. I have no idea how she does this transformation. She earned my respect, I'm still not a fan of her, but she earned my respect for this role. She was absolutely amazing! This is a role that earned her a record breaking SIX, count them all 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. That's more than anyone in the world! And she is also the only person to win a tony in all 4 acting categories. Not to mention she's only in her 40's she still has a long career ahead of her. I'm not a fan of her, but I did love her performance in this show. And she was amazing! Her Tony win was completely deserved.
Where: Circle in the Square Theater
When: April 13, 2014 - October 5, 2014
Cast: N/A (One Woman Show)

A montage/ medley of songs in the show


Another montage/ medley from the show


TV Commercial


Behind the Scenes


Tony Award Acceptence Speech

No comments:

Post a Comment