Saturday, November 8, 2014

Unexpected Song: Everything's Coming Up Roses

I don't think I have stressed enough how much I love Gypsy, but just in case I haven't.

Bernadette Peters: Played Mama in the 2003 Broadway revival of Gypsy


Betty Buckley: Played Mama Rose in a 1998 production at The Papermill Playhouse, it was rumored to be Broadway bound, but it never happened.


Billy Porter: Covered on his album "Billy's Back on Broadway"
You can listen to it here, my computer won't let me share the file directly for some reason.

Ethel Merman: The Original Mama Rose should have won a Tony for this role. I love her!


Imelda Staunton: Is currently playing Mama in London at the Chichester Festival Theatre and it is rumored to transfer to West End (London's Broadway) and Imelda will probably win another Oliver Award (The British Equivalent of the Tony)

No comments:

Post a Comment