Thursday, November 13, 2014

What the Fuck?

What is musical theater coming too? I have heard so many of these movies/ tv-shows that are being turned into musicals, and I don't mean parodies, I mean like actual productions.

The Duck Commander Family Musical
Basis: Duck Dynasty
Why? This show is about a bunch of rich rednecks I don't understand who would be able to turn this into a musical.

Magic Mike The Musical
Basis: Magic Mike
We've already had a show about strippers The Fully Monty.

Mean Girls The Musical
Basis: Mean Girls
I love Mean Girls, but Mean Girls the musical will just be Heathers: The Musical without all the deaths.

Frozen The Musical
Basis: Frozen
I hated the movie and there's no way that they can pull off all the ice magic on stage.

The Hungers Games the Musical
Basis: The Hunger Games (Book One)
I think the sets could be absolutely beautiful! Especially in the arena. They could come up with so many unique designs it would be awesome. I just don't know how it will translate to stage though.

Dave The Musical
Basis: Dave
The actual movie sounded so stupid and the musical will just be even stupider.

American Psycho The Musical
Basis: American Psycho
This is already a music, but the movie really wasn't that good, I was completely and utterly confused the whole movie.

Back to the Future the Musical
Basis: Back to the Future
I loved the movie, but it wouldn't make a good musical.

Rio the Musical
Basis: Rio
We've already done this, Lion King...

Alvin and the Chipmunks the Musical
Basis: Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked
I want to just punch myself in the face after seeing this. Just no.

Groundhog Day Musical
Basis: Groundhog Day
I can't I don't have any more words left.

Clueless Musical
Basis: Clueless
What?

True Blood Musical
Basis: True Blood
Stop!

School of Rock Musical
Basis: School of Rock
I'm gonna go insane!

I can't even try to look at anymore. I might actually go crazy! If you want to look on just click here.

3 comments:

  1. The production value that disney will put into frozen will make it amazing. Or at least it will win it best set design for a musical at the tonys. The mean girls musical will be like heathers but funnier and more modern. I'm excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Frozen will probably have some kick ass sets. But that means it's gonna be another Lion King. Amazing sets and costumes it will sweep the design categories, but it won't win any production awards. And it's gonna be to much about the costumes and not about the story lines. I do think Mean Girls will draw more of a crowd, because it's easier for teens to connect with it since it's present day.

      Delete
  2. I think that Frozen will focus on a story line but it will just be crappy. Disney will most likely change the story line to make it longer/easier to change it into a full musical.

    Also I think that Mean Girls will be funnier than heathers and less over the top.

    ReplyDelete